Crisis situations differ from the daily emergencies that today's public safety telecommunicators handle. Hostage situations, barricaded subject incidents and suicidal callers, among others, require an advanced level of training for the telecommunicator to handle them successfully.
This course will build on the knowledge, skills and abilities inherent in basic telecommunicator training programs to educate the public safety communications professional on the most effective way to receive and process calls involving crisis situations and to ensure they fulfill their role as a vital component of the overall public safety response.
- Overview of a Crisis Situation
- Hostage Situations
- Suicidal Subject Situations
- Suicide by Cop
- Crisis Negotiations Tools for the Telecommunicator Skills and Characteristics of a Successful Telecommunicator Negotiator
- Crisis Related Stress Management
To Register: visit our website at:
Registration Policy and Fees:
- Your method of payment MUST accompany your registration.
- Payments received in less than 10 days of the start date of the class will be subject to a late fee of $25.
- Any registration received within ten (10) days of the class start date of the course is subject to a $25.00 late registration fee.
- Registrations cancelled more than 21 days prior to the start of the scheduled course will receive a refund minus a $25.00 administrative fee. Cancellations less than 21 days before the class will receive a 50% tuition refund.
- Only one (1) transfer or substitution is allowed. Transfer fee: $50.00 A late fee of $25 will apply if applicable.
- Complete registration Policy is available upon request.