Active shooter incidents and their response pose several unique concerns for all facets of public safety including public safety communications. There are a multitude of issues that make responding to an active shooter incident more difficult than other armed subject calls or violent in-progress incidents.
These types of incidents historically have garnered extensive media coverage and public scrutiny and have become a pertinent threat to public safety. As with any other type of emergency situation, the telecommunicator plays a vital role in the response to active shooter incidents.
As the providers of communications capabilities and responder safety, telecommunicators should be aware of the unique challenges posed by active shooter incidents and be prepared to address them well in advance.
This course helps to educate telecommunicators about the many intricate issues and challenges posed by active shooter incidents and their response and the role the telecommunicator plays in each.
- Phases of an Active Shooter Incident
- Active Shooter Incidents vs. School Shootings
- Law Enforcement, Fire Service and EMS Roles in Active Shooter Incidents
- Response and Secondary Dangers
- The Role of the Telecommunicator in an Active Shooter Incident
- Interaction with the Media
- Dealing with the Aftermath of an Active Shooter Incident
To Register: visit our website at:
Registration Policy and Fees:
- Your method of payment MUST accompany your registration.
- Payments received in less than 10 days of the start date of the class will be subject to a late fee of $25.
- Any registration received within ten (10) days of the class start date of the course is subject to a $25.00 late registration fee.
- Registrations cancelled more than 21 days prior to the start of the scheduled course will receive a refund minus a $25.00 administrative fee. Cancellations less than 21 days before the class will receive a 50% tuition refund.
- Only one (1) transfer or substitution is allowed. Transfer fee: $50.00 A late fee of $25 will apply if applicable
- Complete registration Policy is available upon request.