All-Hazard Incident Dispatcher Training
Delivered by DHS Office of Emergency Communications (OEC) in partnership with Montana DES
This course is taught by OEC/ICTAP instructors who have both dispatch and communications unit experience. The course provides a realistic, hands-on approach to mastering the tasks and skills of an incident dispatcher. This course is designed for experienced dispatchers who are familiar with the incident command system and dispatch operations. This course is four days long and includes an INTD exercise on the fourth day. It provides a position task book and hands-on exercises for each attendee. This course will help create an incident dispatcher cadre of professionals.
WHEN: September 19th through 22nd (8:00am to 5:00pm) Lunch will be on your own
WHERE: Dispatch Center 305 W Watson St, Lewistown, MT 59457
Registration POC: Rick Forkel, email@example.com, 406-324-4787
*Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and enrollment confirmed by email upon review of the application. Class space is limited. Deadline: August 31st
NOTE: Through a USDHS grant administered by the Montana State Fire Chiefs Association, we will have a limited amount of funding available to reimburse hotel and per diem expenses for Montana students from tribal & local jurisdictions that are traveling 50 or more miles from their home unit. When applying, please indicate if you are seeking travel reimbursement. All reimbursement will be approved & confirmed by the course manager prior to course start.
Prerequisites for attendance are:
- A public safety background with experience in dispatch operations - or -TRG-RADO and one year experience in dispatch operations
- Awareness of fundamental public safety communications technology
- Completion of IS-100.b, IS-144, IS-200.b, IS-700.a, and IS-800.b
Additional recommended training:
- ICS-300, Intermediate Incident Command System (ICS) for Expanding Incidents
- Completion of the OEC Communications Unit Awareness web-based course found at: http://www.publicsafetytools.info/training/training_comu_overview.php
• Maximum class size is 20 students, so if interested, please let course POC know prior to dead