Dates: 08/13 & 08/14 and 08/16 & 08/17
Time: 0800 - 1700
Location: Gallatin County EOC
Registration Fee: Only $250.00 !!!
Day #1 of this 2-day course consists of an in-depth analysis of law enforcement’s response to the Sandy Hook School Shooting and other recent Active Shooter/Aggressor events. This involves a break-down of the time taken to report, dispatch, and respond to these scenes. This course will also teach Dispatchers the benefit of Scriptwriting, a critical skill necessary for Shaving Seconds to Save Lives© during an Active Shooter/Aggressor event. Dispatchers will be challenged to use their training, experience and the Lessons Learned that are discussed in class to develop Active Shooter/Aggressor Dispatch Scripts to take back to their own agencies.
Day #2 will build on the teaching points established during Day #1. Dispatchers will perform scenario-based training repetitions that are monitored, coached, and evaluated using a progressive (Crawl-Walk-Run) blended-learning performance model. Dispatchers will be expected to identify the critical priorities of the first 1st Responders on scene at an Active Shooter/Aggressor event so that the Dispatchers can provide effective and timely support to stopping the threat and saving lives. Dispatchers will be reminded to use this course information to augment their existing training and department policies. Lastly, Dispatchers will be presented with post-traumatic wellness challenges they may encounter in the wake of an Active Shooter/Aggressor event.
- Identify what an Active Shooter/Aggressor Event is.
- Learn critical Lessons Learned from recent Active Shooter/Aggressor events, including the 2012 Sandy Hook School Shooting, and the critical roles Dispatch played in each of them.
- Understand the importance of scriptwriting.
- Identify current training scripts for Active Shooter/Aggressor Dispatch.
- Identify current performance scripts for Active Shooter/Aggressor Dispatch.
- Identify ideal scripts for Active Shooter/Aggressor Dispatch to maximize the principles of Shaving Seconds to Save Lives©.
- Identify and clarify additional Dispatch task organization that should be addressed during an Active Shooter/Aggressor incident.
- Learn how to integrate current Active Shooter/Aggressor Dispatch training and policies with the aforementioned teaching points.
- Discuss What to do after the smoke clears… Identify individual wellness concerns in the wake of an Active Shooter/Aggressor event.
Get a full color copy of the flyer, complete with instructor information here